Child Rights Development Program
Jugantar Samaj Unnayan Sangstha (JSUS) is implementing ‘Child Rights Implementation and Development Activities’ on the basis of Bangladesh’s commitment to implement the ‘Child Rights Charter’ and the government’s commitment to implement development activities. The National Network Organization for the Establishment of Child Rights has recently implemented various activities in Banshkhali Upazila of Chittagong District in collaboration with Bangladesh Child Rights Forum. These programs include team building for children to organize, organizational skills development, selection and training for leadership development, CRC (Child Rights Convention) training for children’s rights concept, life skills education training for quality of life, theater education for creative talent development and Various cultural activities, training in journalism for the positional development of children, organizing various sports competitions for developing healthy talents, giving opinions at national and international policy making level on children’s rights, participation in advocacy and voluntary activities, harmful effects of drugs, trafficking of women and children, dowry, Awareness programs on various infectious diseases including child marriage, health and nutrition, HIV / AIDS are implemented.
Jugantar Samaj Unnayan Sangstha (JSUS) is a network of non-governmental development organizations working on children’s rights in Chittagong and has received training on child leadership development and child rights programming as a member organization of the Bangladesh Child Rights Forum at the national level.
Under this program, Child Club, Adolescent Moncha activities are being implemented vigorously. Also in child rights and development activities:-
- Conducting Child Clubs and Adolescent Stages.
- Conduct workshops, advocacy and stakeholder meetings for the protection of children engaged in hazardous child labor.
- Advocacy and assistance in getting school-going children out of school.
- Awareness activities and advocacy programs to prevent child trafficking.
- To co-operate in the implementation of the plan adopted by the Bangladesh Child Rights Forum.
- Organize child leadership, development, education, health, safety, organizational skills and life skills training activities.
- To run non-formal primary schools.
- Coordinate and exchange information with governmental and non-governmental organizations working on the implementation of child rights.
- Conducting child birth registration activities.
- Organizing national and international days and printing related articles in newspapers.
Activities implemented under the Child Rights Protection and Implementation Program:
- Discussion on health issues of children and adolescents.
- Issue-based skills development training.
- Discuss rights.
- Child marriage, polygamy prevention.
- Prevention and legal assistance to abuse of children and women.
- Discuss various problems of children.
- Identify area based problems and take initiatives to solve them.
- Participating and organizing cultural events.
- Day celebration.
- Raise views through their participation at the policy-making level.
- Conducting birth registration activities, conducting issue based drama exhibitions.
- Organizing workshops, seminars, trainings and orientations and exchange of views.